Sunday 28 April 2013

Monty’s Eurovision Countdown 2013 Part 23 - LITHUANIA Something by Andrius Pojavis



You Tube link


OK, call me fickle. Having just dissed Latvia for being a bit ordinary I’m about to praise their neighbours Lithuania despite being decidedly ordinary too. It’s a bit of a confessional from Andrius: “if you don’t know, I’m in love with you” he tells us. It’s been on his mind so long he just has to tell us. You have to feel it’s unreciprocated because he’s falling apart seeing us here, so we’re clearly not helping his nerves.  But you know, I DO love Andrius a little bit. I can’t quite put my finger on why, as the song is a bit naff, and his eyebrows are clearly out of control, but there’s something in the way our boy flirts with the camera and is so overwhelmed by his emotions that’s terrifically endearing. He’s crying out for a crash-course in stage-presence between now and May but he’s seems very genuine and it’s difficult to dislike him for that. I don’t think he’s going far though, there’s just not enough mileage in the song to get him anywhere, but I’m going to make the most of my three minute journey with him.

My score: 5 points

Monty x

No comments:

Post a Comment